On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Late spring in Wine Country

Here in northern California we are enjoying one of the longest springs I can remember -- and I've lived here 15 years. Usually the temperature is day after day of '80s, the air conditioner is on and we're beginning to count the days above 90 degrees.

Not true this year! But there are always plants in bloom and the veggies are starting to show their stuff. Here's a Topsy-Turvy tomato plant. The first four blooms are evident.



And radishes Youngest Daughter planted are ready to be sliced into salads.



There's another tomato plant growing in a wine half-barrel. It's beginning to bloom too.



The marigolds add a bit of cheer on the back deck. They can't seem to do anything but smile!



But my favorite photo from today was this one of Demi. Once again, she's working me with those eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails