On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Into the weekend

It was Brix's turn to walk through Maxwell Park yesterday as I did my monitoring duties. There was some tagging, but nothing new to report.

All the late rain has made this an allergy season to beat all and the weeds and wildflowers in the meadows were impressively tall. But the creek was fairly high and gushing along nicely.

I'm still drawing my food and it seems to be helping me lose weight. I've lost six pounds in 24 days - that's two pounds a week - which makes me very happy.

I really started watching my weight last June 3rd when I hit my all-time high and have lost 18 pounds since then. But now that I'm being more dedicated about it and drawing every bite, I'm losing faster.

I took Youngest Daughter with me to see "Babies," which I loved. Some of the parenting practices seemed universal, but some were so different! I'm recommending it, so check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails