On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The sun doth shineth!

Here in northern California we have experienced such a strong rainy season that sunny days are noticed and celebrated. Yesterday it rained. It rained, in fact, most days last week.

But today there is sun, the temperature is mild, song birds are singing their little hearts out and the red-shouldered hawks are on alert from high posts keeping a careful watch on Sonoma and Napa Counties - I know because I was in both places this morning.

I was drawing in church again this morning, a habit I'm not trying to change. Cassidy was at my feet and only her butt end was visible. We're puppysitting her for Canine Companions for Independence and will probably become her puppyraisers. I added parishioners as the church filled, practicing overlapping and perspective along the way.

And then we listened to Garrison Keillor on NPR on the way home.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a splendid way to spend a part of Sunday. And what a nice job you did with your drawings! How nice to be able to take your dog to church. I bet everyone really loves her. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Great sketch. I really like how you added the music lines and notes. Your overlapping and perspective look good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails