On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, January 01, 2010

The new beginning

Northern California is seeing a drizzly start to the new year. I went onto the back deck in search of four items from the natural world that I could practice drawing. I could identify three of them and then I got stumped. I drew it anyway (top of page two), whatever it is, but couldn't identify it with my own guide or anything I found on the 'Net. It isn't rare - quite common, in fact - but I don't know what it is.

The weather reminded me of the rhyme, "One misty moisty morning, when cloudy was the weather......"


1 comment:

  1. Nice botanical pages. I love nature sketches, it's fun even when you can't identify everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails