On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Twenty minutes away

Today was the loveliest Saturday of the year, just stunningly gorgeous. Steve and I drove over to Petaluma to see an art exhibit featuring trains and railroading, his favorite subject. I was there for the art, he for the trains, we were both happy.

We stopped for lunch in a popular downtown restaurant. I sketched a man sitting nearby. The waitress kept stopping by, checking on my progress. She was fascinating by my zentangle, like I'd invented something great.

I referred her to the website HERE and hope she finds it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails