On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feel sick? Get a dog!



I was reflecting on how much my health improved once I started raising puppies for Canine Companions for Independence.

I also met some of my best human friends in the process since we had regular classes for about 1-1/2 years per dog. Over time that adds up to a lot of time together! (Unless you have power vision you'll probably need to click on the cartoon to read the words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails