On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chemo Tuesday

I had every intention of returning to the watercolor class this afternoon but, after a morning at chemo and some lunch, I had a lie-down that lasted much longer than 15 minutes. So I missed again.

I haven't been to class for a couple months. I have energy, but not at 1:00 which is when I'm returning from either Juvenile Hall or chemotherapy. Wah...

Recently one of you asked me about Postcrossing so I'm providing a link. It's a great site for armchair travelers and my experience is that it's safe for kids too.


Postcards Exchange


Unlike penpalling, there is only a one-time contact with one person. You mail a postcard to a random person somewhere in the world and, after that person registers your card as received, someone else will mail one to you.

Beginners are limited to five cards traveling at once (one of the safety features), but the number is increased incrementally over time. My daughter is at the 5-card limit, but I've been participating longer and am allowed nine out at once.

In the meantime, I received two cards in yesterday's mail, from Poland and Japan.


And, since I received an e-mail message that an earlier card I mailed has just been received, I sent one out to Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails