On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Continuing on...

As I was saying yesterday, Parisse is afraid of everything. This morning I was mopping all the dust bunnies from the dining room floor. Parisse saw that mop, panicked and skedaddled.

No, she has never been abused. She came from Canine Companions for Independence where every day of her life was tracked by either us or someone we know within the organization. She was, however, the runt of her litter and she was picked out from the get-go as "different."

The neighbors have had either a two day clear-out or are preparing to move, I don't know which. There was more traffic on our street today than I've seen all year as strangers dropped by to canvas for bargains. Several homes are in foreclosure in this block, something that frightens me -- not for us, but for the economy of our nation.

In the meantime, this lovely postcard arrived from Italy this afternoon from a Postcrosser.
I need to get my camera and art supplies out and get busy!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog. I like your down to earth approach on life. I have to ask though, what are Postcrossers? I'm taking it involves receiving post cards from around the world, but what else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Florence - Thank you so much for the compliments!
    You may want to check out postcrossing.com, which is the site I keep referring to. It's not penpalling, but is one-time random contact with someone in the world. You mail a postcard to a random address and you receive a postcard from someone else. The site is 4 years old and appears to be very safe. I was actively involved in 2007 and sent, received over 80 cards with no problems. I've gotten involved again and like the many updates and improvements they've made. Hope this helps! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails