On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday in March

I enjoyed this day. I felt well and had enough energy to start a new project -- making the first container for my new Square Foot Garden. I need a longer/larger drill bit to get the boards together but I have the lumber, all cut to size and I have a power drill and screwdriver to work with. I can already taste those veggies!


Fiddling with that, shopping for boards and reading the basic text (Square Foot Gardening, by Mel Bartholomew) kept me busy all morning. I figure this first one will be the most difficult, while I'm learning, learning, learning.

The afternoon was mostly out there being sociable. The girls' group at Juvenile Hall went well. Afterwards I let Demi visit with the kids who weren't part of the group. And then we went to the dog park so Demi could really play and run and be a real dog. There were some new folks there to visit with so humans and canines all had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cat. I am trying to get gardening started as well. Fortunately I live in a mild part of Canada, so we can get the gardens ready a couple of months or more ahead of the rest of the country. Very ambitious of you to be building your garden boxes. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails