On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Quince and paper

I seem to be obsessed with the stem of flowering quince I picked up on a walk last week.  It's a beautiful bush, unfortunately not mine, and has enough interest and variation that it's fun to draw and paint.


For the record, I found the almost perfect sketch book for my visual journaling. Pentalic produces an 8-1/2 x 11 inch spiral book that I bought at Dick Blick. It's called "Nature Sketch" and has great paper - 130# that works well with everything. I've used Crayola crayons and watercolor, charcoal, ink and pencil, everything but pastels and markers but am certain they would work too. I forget how much it cost but recall that it was quite affordable, about $10 for a 50 sheet book. I use both sides so get 100 pages with no leaks or bleed through at all. 

I'm trying to fill one book every three months so am glad I ordered two. Hopefully I'll need almost four a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails