On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just chillin'

Today's walking - 15 minutes on the treadmill


The sun is still shining but clouds are coming in for the next storm. We've gotten almost 16 inches of the needed 31 to complete an average year (which ends June 30). Now it looks like we'll have a 30% reduction in usage instead of 50%. Just rain, rain more, rain lots more....

I'm not going to work until 1:00 this afternoon so I spent part of the morning just chillin' in front of CNN. Steve brought me a venti nonfat latté, my favorite, and then I really settled in for a long chill!

When guilt struck me I pulled out my journal and added my thirtieth zentangle drawn since Christmas. This one is four inches square, the largest one I've drawn. It's just about the most meditative thing I know to do, just sit quietly and create patterns upon patterns. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:14 PM

    I'm liking Zentangles..Yours looks very nice.. I like them, but I am so scared of trying one

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many little patterns running through your own work that I think you would find zentangles easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails