On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The heart of it all

Today's walking - 15 minutes on the treadmill


When I go to the grocery store these days I'm seeing things through a different lens. What can I draw? 

A few days ago I chose a wonderful pineapple and began drawing it as soon as I got it home. "Don't eat it," I told my family, "it's my homework." 

But it was way too difficult for me to draw. I served my homework for dessert -- quartered slices with maraschino cherries on top.

Back at the grocery store I found this large artichoke. It isn't perfectly drawn, but it was good practice. I need to redo it without color for homework to turn in on Thursday.

By the way, when I look at my daily stat counter I can't help but wonder who some of you are - especially those of you who live in communities where I once lived. Someone checks in periodically from Carbondale, Illinois, where I grew up and met my husband. Someone else is in Champaign, Illinois, where we got married. There are also regulars from New York City where we lived for three years. Just can't help but wonder......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails