On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Life in slo-mo

Another gorgeous day in Wine Country, northern California. I've been listening to the neighbors raking, pruning hedges and power hosing someone's house -- the sounds I usually associate with spring -- but I stayed home with Youngest Daughter. She's doing very well after yesterday's surgery, much better than I anticipated.

We all watched the Obama inagural train heading into Washington, D.C. Youngest Daughter doesn't really understand the significance of this election, but I grew up in the days of segregation and events leading up to the Civil Rights movement, so I understand as well as a white person can. I am so excited about this election!

The plane crash into the Hudson River has also caught our attention. The pilot lives here in the Bay Area, not that we knew him or anything, but it heightened the local interest. What a week!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52 AM

    Love the little yellow birds. I am sorry you are having such a demanding time - hope you can now rest and recuperate. Glad your daughter is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:06 AM

    Beautiful goldfinches! Yours are so much yellower than ours. Ours still have some yellow but not as much - their most distinctive feature is a splash of red. Their song is just beautiful though. There have been a pair hanging around my garden this year, which is wonderful.

    Good to hear about your daughter's progress - things seem to be improving fairly quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little birds! Here the goldfinches arrive about the same time the daffodils bloom - truly a sign of spring. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Art is such a stress reliever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Love this colorful page! Thanks for letting us know that your daughter is up and moving around. Very good news.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails