On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Catching up

I'm backtracking and catching up with last week's news - in photos this time. There was Halloween, always a major occasion in our neighborhood. Our jack-o-lantern was carved and out and the door was answered 211 times! The street was flooded with ghosts and goblins, all with appetites for candy. Beulie, our current trainee for Canine Companions for Independence was calm throughout, a good sign. She's 10 months old now and doing well.

On Saturday we took all three dogs for a walk along the beach. Parisse wouldn't even walk on wet sand but Brix and Beulie recognize a good thing when it comes their way.....and the waves were definitely coming their way! I need to remember how fun that is -- and go more often and bring dry clothes just in case. I would have ventured in much further if I hadn't been so afraid of falling in and being miserably drenched!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails