On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Off to the ocean

It was my husband's suggestion that we drive to the ocean yesterday, the gorgeous blue Pacific Ocean. I would have stayed home and scrubbed toilets or something and totally wasted this great sunny beautiful Saturday. We stopped at a little deli partway and enjoyed sandwiches, then off to the beach. All three dogs were with us and the three of us adults (daughter, me, him). Such a day! We jumped waves, something our poor deprived dogs didn't know how to do -- and they are labradors, water dogs! One refused, the shy one who is afraid of everything. But the other two got into the spirit of it all, rolled in the sand, plowed through the water, frolicked and tried tentative sips of salt water. Yuck! The nights are cold here now but the days are unseasonably warm and bright with sun.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:00 AM

    I am very glad to hear the whole family, including the dogs, had so much fun. Love your sketch of Bodega Bay, especially your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Nicely done sketch of the bay. Love your choice of colors. Sounds like a wonderful day. The beach is such a healing and rejuvenating place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails