On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Modern pears

Apparently I'm going through my Modern Period. Last night, in my pastel class, I worked on a project that the instructor described as very "modern." Then today, in my watercolor class, a student looked at my depiction of these pears and said, "It looks modern." Oh, I'm developing a style!

10 comments:

  1. These are absolutely wonderful!!!! Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I really see progress in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pears are lovely, very striking with wonderful colours, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am in lurvvvv with these pears. The crsip lines, the big flat areas of color, the purple shadow, the way the yellow and blue vibrate against each other.... Really really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are quite lovely! I like the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:43 PM

    The colors just pop! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty...and I love the composition. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Your 'modern pears' are fabulous! Paint more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara, I love these pears! I've been quietly enjoying your journal and artwork and wanted to tell you that you're very inspiring. :)

    Love,
    A friend in Oakland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Wow, this is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and great composition. You are progressing so beautifully. I really love this. It reminds me of stained glass.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails