On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Church doodles

I'm trying to develop the habit of drawing/doodling everywhere I go, including in church this morning. I travel with an assistance puppy in training so I sketched Beulie in too, the one time she wasn't moving (asleep) so I had half a chance. I found that I was much more alert, more focused during the service since I was taking in everything on multiple levels. Another way of saying, I hope no one is offended. (Click for enlargement)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do agree with doodling adding to concentration! I do that too, but mine aren't half as nice or interesting as yours.
    Great blog and and great capture of the small, but important moments of life; it is an inspiration to me.
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doodle too - where ever I am. It helps a lot concentrating.
    Keep on doodling.
    Greetings from France
    Meinhild (inselfan54)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think people should be offended, I doodle all the time too and if this is your way of communicating it is a better way than some. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:58 AM

    I wouldn't be offended. Sketching is so much better than painting your nails, which I have seen. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails