On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Vertical dog



Of the four dogs we've raised for Canine Companions for Independence, Beulie is the most vertical. She stands inside her pen like this. She greets you like this too. She doesn't exactly jump up on people, it's more like a little kid, arms outstretched, wanting to be picked up. Whenever I let her inside - after she's been out to play with the others - she holds her paws up and seems to want to be reassured that she's still a member of the family. This is probably going to be a training problem if I don't nip it, but I'm still trying to understand it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails