On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good use of a rainy day



One of the items on my extensive to-do list for THREE MONTHS has been to bake rice pudding with raisins in it. Today it's coolish, off and on rain, cloudy and a Saturday. It's the kind of day to stay home, to enjoy being home, to love and care for one's home and simply luxuriate in the sense of homeness. So I did. And I baked rice pudding with raisins in it with a dash of cinnamon on top. I am so glad to be alive and at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails