On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Arising

A friend brought over a plate of apple pie, how cool is that?  This is the one time in my life when I can eat as much as I want and my weight maintains.  I'm not wasting, but I'm coming close, something I dread and fear.  I eat whenever I'm hungry and as much as I want - the problem is that I have very little appetite even when taking appetite stimulant pills.

I asked for - and received - a new sewing machine for Christmas.  There's not much on the calendar tomorrow so Steve and I are going fabric shopping (I told him to bring a book).  Now that I am so thin I can wear skirts again for the first time in almost 20 years so, tomorrow, I want to choose a pattern and colorful fabrics. And, since I live in pajamas these days, that's the second item - something that will keep me snuggy even in the summer.

Speaking of which, last year my year ended in October when all the medical stuff started.  It's like I didn't wake up until a few weeks ago so basically my year went from summer to summer and I lost the rest of it in the hospital, loopy from anesthesia whether home or out.  Apparently tolerance builds because I seem to be able to manage more now than a few weeks ago.  It's getting better.... slowly....

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a sweet time looking at fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are waking up and hope you have fun picking your fabrics! Summer is a good time to be awake. Think how many animals sleep through the winter like the bears and snakes. Summer is better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails