On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who's hiding where?

Here I am minutes before surgery.  I just love the bonnet! You can't see it from here but there's actually a lavender prayer shawl at the foot for the bed.  It was knitted for me by a group at St. John's Church, Lakeport.

The surgery report was the best news possible. There was a tumor that couldn't be seen from any live angle, making the surgeon a bit nervous, but in the end it was simply stuck and easy to remove and reattach the two ends.  Such a relief! I was given two more liters of blood and more was waiting in case of need.

Demi had stayed with me all day, and was disappointed when she couldn't stay on top of me and observe the proceedings.

Now I'm waiting for my first walk - in 10 minutes.  My mind is a tad scrambled from all the drugs, anesthesia, and weird thoughts. I struggle to find the keys on the laptop and my sense of time is out of order.  At about 9:30 Steve said Good Morning to me and I was looking for stars.

Guess I better stop before I write something foolish and not correctable!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    So happy for you! Hip Hip Hooray!

    Just me in S.D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, so, so, so happy, grateful, and relieved to read the phrase "best news possible!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Hope it's much clearer going from here. I didn't realize people could say goofy stuff after surgery so when my husband told me to email the whole entire family with his post op pic (tubes all over the place), I did. Now I wouldn't trust him not to be a bit less than clear headed. Here you are all smiley in your pic which is much better. Guess you were free of pain at this moment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, good news! Hope you're resting without pain now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to hear that you are through that! Your husband is a dear to post for you and let us know everything was going well. I pray that you will heal quickly and be able to return home soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails