On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's next?

I am likely to go home before the weekend, something to look forward to.  Today is my 30th day of captivity so I'm disoriented about the world right outside.  I know more about distant places (from CNN) than about Santa Rosa, where I am.

I think I begin full liquids tomorrow. That means I can graduate to things like Ensure and even Cream of Wheat.  By the weekend I can have a soft diet which includes foods like chicken and mashed potatoes.  I think I'm going to have to sit with that diet for quite a long time, if not forever, but I can make it work.  I just want to get off the clear liquids I'm on now.

Rain is in tomorrow's forecast. That's at least something in the here and now, not associated with pain control and pill-taking.

This is where things broke down the last time I thought I was going home.  At the last moment it was decided that I would stay for surgery instead.  That turned into two surgeries.  Seems like eons ago, it really does.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you well, wishing you well. I just said I prayer for you. Thinking of sunflowers I once commented about on your blog. Sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to go home! AS long as you aren't upchucking I imagine you will get to go. That diet sounds like it would get old very quickly, but it is helping to keep you strong and not upset your innards so endure. Soon you can have mashed potatoes and chicken. That sounds good to me and I'm allowed to eat whatever I want! I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails