On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

But, but, but, where are the goats?

I continue to lose weight although my goal is more than fulfilled. It's probably more accurate to acknowledge that I need more meaningful activities in my life with time to complete the projects.  I also have stacks and lists of books to read, but that isn't getting done either. There's a world of difference between having the time to read the books, for example, and actually doing the work.  I suspect isn't all part of the winding down time that older adults are renowned to have. Seniors are known to have more time than they actually need, a sobering thought, when you consider the end is quite near, even if they plan to live decades longer.  I'm fortunate in that, although we live in a large home even though we only need a quite small place, which would please us just as well, I'm sure of that.  I'd prefer to have extra space on land.  The first thing that comes to mind is goats! Then a large field of tomatoes right after the daffodils bloom.  Oh, how fun!















1 comment:

  1. Well if you ever get your goats (and they don't need much space but do need really secure fencing or bye-bye shrubbery) make sure you give them a tiny boulder hill to climb That has saved us so much time trimming their hooves which they fight just as hard as the dogs do but they enjoy being king of the hill!

    I don't do as many crafts or read so much but I put it down to being on the computer or my eyes (of course that could be age related). I remember wondering why my grandmothers gave up their crafts but I guess it's pretty common then.

    Is the food staying down like it's going supposed to? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails