On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Still pondering

Yesterday the high head honcho of Juvenile Hall took me out to lunch, a genuinely sweet gesture.  Once we got past my concern that he was doing this to thank me before I died (not the motivation), we settled in to general conversation about new and upcoming changes and programming in the Hall.  He was genuinely appreciative of my work and mentioned a few ideas that I had invented that are now part of the programs.  I was able to get two more things I want for the kids so I left a happy camper.

Thank you for all the comments you folks sent back channel and through FaceBook regarding my last post.  One person was offended, but another six of you were in total agreement.  Of all the photos and comments I saw during the campaign, this one upset me the most.  It's clearly identified by the Romney camp and is the quintessential example of racism at its worst.  I'm embarrassed to share the planet with this guy, I certainly don't want to share the country with him.  He strikes me as the very definition of evil and I'm hoping he lives far, far away from me.  I don't want him to influence my grandchildren or anyone I love or care for.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you went out to lunch. Yes, I too would have worried it was a goodbye lunch and glad it wasn't. I can understand disagreeing with others but this kind of hatred is what hurts. Still, as I told my husband, it's good it has come out. We thought it was pretty much gone but now we know better so can take what seems the step back so we can move two forward. Humankind gets better over time with this dance of forward and back. Progress is coming now that the boil has come to a head again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails