On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Rain on the way

Three storms are headed our way, stacked out over the Pacific.  The first will arrive on Wednesday morning.  Rain will continue throughout the weekend.  I am a rain person, this news makes me very happy.

Danny Gregory's latest book, A KISS BEFORE YOU GO, finally arrived in today's mail.  I've been waiting for it for months.  Some of my interest in daily art journaling is because of Danny's earlier books.  His group, Everyday Matters, eventually move to Facebook where I check in frequently HERE.

This book tells the story of  his wife Patty Gregory's fatal accident and Danny's grief afterwards.  I read the book in one sitting - easy to do because it's written in art journal style - and was quite moved.  I was a follower of his at the time of the accident so I recall the horror as the news spread from blog to blog.

Today was mostly quietly spent here at home.  I did have one medical errand, but I had to cancel Juvenile Hall because I just am not feeling well.  I've gotten lots of medical help and advice - and have another appointment tomorrow - so hopefully something will shift and I'll start feeling better again.  I keep reminding myself that I'm not dying - yet - but this has been a difficult year and doesn't seem to be ending well.

But at least there will be rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails