On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dormancy

I know, I know, it looks like nothing.  But what you don't know is that about one-third of the way down there are about 30-40 daffodil bulbs that I stored in the fridge all year just waiting for the cold weather we're having this week.  Ask me about this barrel sometime in February - they should be in full bloom by then.  I'm even hopeful that I can just leave them as perennials and simply plant annuals on top of them during the rest of the year.  One more thing to keep an eye on from the kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails