On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Who's up next?

I amused myself with this zendala while watching the World Series this evening.  Yay, San Francisco Giants!

Today was a good day.  I had my last appointment with the radiation oncologist who assures me that I'm course in spite of the pain.  He really believes the turning point is about ten days out and then I will be feeling much better.  Today the pain was manageable so I have to admit I'm doing better than I was even a week ago.  Even more, my tumor marker was down another five points, back to the numbers where it lived for those nine years of remission.  So, even with chemotherapy beginning on Tuesday, I have nothing to complain about.  Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails