On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday in fall

Prismacolor pencils, watercolor
I wish some of the so-called monster storm, Sandy, would come our way.  I don't want damage or lost lives, just some action and rain and excitement.  Our lovely weather can sometimes be just plain boring.  Next week we are promised rain here and there, but nothing worth staying home for.

This morning Steve and I stopped by the Friday Farmers' Market and I greeted Señor Calderone in Spanish, promising him two sentences next week!  I've been noticing that many of the locals chat with him in Spanish and he seems appreciative of our efforts.  The language lesson is free.  In the end I opted for tomatoes, onions and his gorgeous heirloom peppers.

I have Friday lunch plans for three consecutive weeks, beginning today.  My Santa Rosa friends act as though they are deep in the boonies when they travel this "far," but once we all got situated we had a great time catching up with each other.  I'm still not eating much, but any place that has a nice soup is perfect for me.  Today's split pea was just the ticket for this lovely fall weather.  I was facing the mountain so I even had a view as well.

This evening I finally had the energy to move into my kitchen "studio" table and sit up long enough to draw.  I love that space - warm and cozy, the dishwasher merrily chugging away, CNN or KDFC-FM in the family room ten feet off and often, Steve is cooking.  It's a scene of domesticity that makes me very happy, especially when I am in the center of it.  I opened a new sketchbook and completed page one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails