On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Still counting

I received the 8th of fifteen radiation treatments this afternoon so I'm officially past the halfway mark.  Whew!  In the meantime, I saw the radiation oncologist yesterday and complained again and more loudly about the pain I'm experiencing and was given a prescription for morphine.  Just naming it sounds like a major big deal to me, but the truth is that I was more comfortable today than I've been in the last couple months.  (Whining helps!)

Even better, the massive heat-wave just broke.  Yesterday it was 103ºF but today it was down considerably.  The concern now is that there is no rain in sight, nothing predicted even in December.  This is serious and worrisome, we're approaching drought conditions again.  Oh, dear....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails