On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Maintaining class

After radiation yesterday afternoon Steve and I went out for dinner.  And then he accompanied me to my painting class.  I only stayed for about an hour, but I'd missed several sessions and didn't want the instructor to think I was disinterested.  I brought the two panels I had completed - the fruit bowls you've already seen - and scooped up the next assignment.

She set me up to watch the two slide shows I'd missed and gave me better contact information so we can keep in touch.  She understands my situation - I can only do what I can do - and she has consistently gone out of her way to make my participation possible.  Today, for example, I received a follow-up email from her with photos of the current still life the class is working on.

 It was fun introducing her to Steve - how often does that happen at my age???




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails