On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, September 17, 2012

What time is it?

Geometric sculpture
University of California - Davis
Let's just say I took the day off.  I didn't make it to class or to Juvenile Hall.  The unit staff did let me have telephone conversations with two of the girls I was concerned about, so I'm hoping that will hold them until my letters arrive.

I don't know what's making me feel more like an invalid - having Steve hand me my pills or having Youngest Daughter equip me with a bell to ring when I need help.  On off days I seem to need a lot of help, although I haven't yet rung the bell.  I should have at least drawn it.

I read in bed and I listened to part of an audio book.  I got caught up on all my turns with Words with Friends.  I slept a lot.  I'm not sure what's going wrong on the days when I feel so ill - whether I'm paying a price for more active days (Saturday in Davis) or if there's really something that gets triggered some days but not all.

I was hoping to hear from the radiation oncologist about Friday's PET scan so that treatment can get started.  I'm still expecting that to give me some pain relief and then I won't be so perpetually groggy.  That's the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails