On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, September 07, 2012

What the heck?

This is my homework, honest to god.  We were asked to make a simple abstract, a very simple one constructed from paper, and bring it to class next Monday.  On Wednesday we had a general overview on color theory and paint mixing.  On Monday we will begin combining paints to create the same abstract in paint.  OK, so I did step one, the collaged abstract. I begin stirring up paint on Monday.

I'll be in Sacramento this weekend.  Healing Journeys is sponsoring one of its conventions, "Cancer as a Turning Point," which I have attended twice before.  I've been looking forward to it for months and hope to return home both refreshed and with at least one kernel of information that I can turn toward my my own healing. Part of the frosting is that I'll also earn continuing education units which I really need because I've been so unfocused this year and need to get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails