On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting through it

I'm almost finished with the color matching exercise from class last week.  It was mostly a matter of finding the shortest number of steps to replicate the color I'd used in the collage, an interesting project.

I left class after only an hour this evening.  Today was an off day, that's all I can say.  I won't tell you what time I finally got up this morning.  I made it to my cancer support group - and was feeling well while I was there - but then went right back to bed until time to leave for class.  I felt awful, just like I felt on Friday night in Sacramento - chills, sweaty, feverish, nauseous.  I think a lot of it is side effects from medication which keeps me half drugged when I'm awake and in pain if I don't take it every four hours without fail.  Hopefully the radiation therapy will help with the pain.

Did you ever read that old Betty Smith novel, Tomorrow Will Be Better?  I kept thinking of that during the drive home tonight.  Tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails