On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School girl in motion

(Click to enlarge)
As much as I would prefer to support local vendors it isn't going to happen this week.  I made it to class last night and, because we were dismissed early, I got home by 10:00.  Usually it will be 10:30. which makes Mondays a very long day for me.  It will be the same on Wednesday nights, but at least then I start off from home, not continue on from Juvenile Hall.  Demi travels with me on Mondays and sleeps under whatever table is available.  I don't think more than three or four students ever noticed her last night, they were totally oblivious to a dog being in class.

During the night the pain was worse than it had been all week, but after a drugged sleep I woke up okay and had a good day.  Steve and I just walked the dogs most of a mile so I'm really doing well.  I have very little appetite and I'm continuing to lose weight, a good thing.  I'd like to drop one size by the end of the year.

 I'm looking forward to receiving my supplies.  This afternoon I culled from what I already have which will get me through the next two class sessions while I'm waiting for FedEx to deliver.  We had the choice to take the class in acrylic or oil; after the introductory comments I opted for acrylic.  I'm not feeling brave or curious right now.  I've had minimal experience with acrylics, but absolutely none in oil.  I don't like the idea of sitting around with fumes from my work, especially as slowly as I paint.  And I've learned how to take the gloss out of acrylic so that it looks like oil when dry.

I haven't weighed my supply bag.  It's at least 20 pounds and I haven't even greeted the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails