On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Still packing

I'm still assembling must-haves for next week's camping trip.  Although my list is two pages long, it wasn't until this afternoon that I remembered towels.  I have quarters for showers, but I guess we were going to dry in the sun.  Oldest daughter left the fixin's for S'mores, probably the most important item as far as the kids are concerned.

Call me old-fashioned, but why couldn't I find a dishpan anywhere in town?  You know, if you prefer not to use paper plates you have to wash the dishes.  You boil water on the stove, pour it into the dishpan and start washing.  I went to CVS and Rite-Aid, Safeway, one independent supermarket and an enormous hardware store.  Clerks and one manager helped me. Nada.  There's no such thing, it appears.  What do they think we do, bring the dishwasher with us and plug it into the tent wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails