On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

In my future

I went out for lunch with a dear friend and got caught up with her summer.  We've both been quite busy - me with Youngest Grandson and my new nanny role and she by celebrating her daughter's wedding.  Fortunately our table was tucked away in a little nook where nobody but us would want to be so we sat for forever and chatted away.  She sent me home with fresh vegetables from her garden, oh, wow!

I stopped by the library and then went to the art supply store.  Putting me in an art supply store is like putting a drug addict in a pipe shop.  I already own every known species of art supplies, but a new toy is a new toy, right?  I cannot wait for the semester to begin - 22 days yet but I'm ready now!  I am so motivated to attend every class, complete every project, do everything on time and at my best.  And there will be a supply list distributed at the first session, YES!

2 comments:

  1. It's bad news to put me in an art store with money in my pocket also! I have so many craft/art supplies that I will never use them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you and me could stock a store ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails