On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day before the fourth

Red fox on Yupo paper
I've been working on the master packing list for next week's little trip and it's a good thing I got a head start.  I remembered the tent and tent stakes quickly enough, but three hours passed before it occurred to me that we might need matches.  Two hours later I thought of Demi's food and sunscreen.  Since the list is in the computer my plan is to tweak it for the August trip and just print it out.

In the meantime, I had my car attended to.  One major safety issue was discovered - and I'm glad to have that taken care of before I start driving kids through the mountains.  This is turning into a major venture.  I mean, I have friends who travel the world with less ruckus than this little jaunt is requiring.  Clearly I am out of practice!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember making up camping lists! Maybe some people camp light, but Chris and I always had a long (and ever expanding) list of things to pack. I hope you enjoy the preparations & the camping itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca - We're gonna have a great time and Nana's extensive packing lists will save the day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails