On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Sunday

The mailbox daisies are really going to town this year.  Last year there were some, this year a lot more.  My hope is that they will keep proliferating and take over most of the front yard.

I've been gardening a little every day this week.  Today, with a high of 72ºF, the weather couldn't be nicer.  I basically like to tidy little patches, set out new plants, pull weeds and all the rest - and I'm hoping to increase my vitamin D levels at the same time.  The last time I was checked I was well within normal bounds (thanks to supplements), but normal isn't good enough when you have Stage 4 cancer and are fighting risk factors.  The daily sun should help pull me into the above optimum range.

Parisse continues to shock and surprise us.  Yesterday and today we were able to get her to join the pack and walk around the block.  Yesterday her nose was to the ground - all those new neighborhood scents might have been overwhelming to her - but today she held her head higher.  She walks nicely with a loose leash.  The great outdoors is still scary for her, but at least she walks, something we haven't seen in her six years.  Her vet is wondering if the sudden and dramatic change is due to the anesthesia she received from her recent surgery.  You know, sort of like electroshock that helps blunt the effects of bad memories and overwhelming emotion.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails