On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So far, so good

Today was good.  Parisse had her surgery and came home a few hours later.  She's been sleepy, understandable, but she ate her dinner with gusto.  Her test results will be back within a week, but the news is expected to be good.  I tried to give her an antibiotic, but she cheeked her pill and spit it out three times.  (sigh)

I emailed my oncologist as soon as I got home after my CT scan and he wrote back an hour later saying there was continued improvement.  I was hoping for "no evidence of disease," but continued improvement is second best.  I'm assuming that means I'm not back in remission, but I'm not dead yet either.

Youngest Grandson is here - currently playing Wii with Youngest Daughter.  After she goes to work in the morning Nana's Art Camp will be open for one of several projects I have lined up.  

And so it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails