On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Is she losing it?

Old to-do list/journal page
Brix, the suicidal dog, struck again.  This time he found some honey roasted almonds four feet off the floor and almost two feet in, but still not out of his scent or reach.  Almonds aren't recommended, but they aren't toxic like macadamia nuts.  So the disappointment was more along the lines of, I won't get to eat them!


The Friday Farmers' Market was buzzing this morning.  There were two buskers (I never get to use that word!), one at each end of the parking lot and more flowers this week.  I chose allium because the flowers can also be tossed into salads (said the young woman at the stand) - and she promised the living room won't smell like onion ("Oh, not at all!").  The sausage guy was there, but the cherry man said this was his last day until next May 1st.  He said it with such sincerity I felt as though I should be writing it down in my 2013 calendar so I don't forget to search him out.  Youngest Grandson got a cup of Aztec cocoa (Mexican hot chocolate) from the coffee wagon and I got, well, coffee.  We bumped into one friend, part of the fun of being there in the first place.  Only really healthy people are at the Friday morning market, I tell myself.  We're the devotees of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails