On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Minty summer

My goodness, but it was warm today!  I set a jug of sun tea on the deck to brew, one of summer's little pleasures.  I worked briefly and then read and played word games.

Here's one of my favorite web cam sites: http://golya.mme.hu/golyakamera/kamera.php?c=halasz  The Hungarian stork babies have hatched out of their shells and are visible on streaming live camera.  It depends on your time zone when it's a good time to watch, but for me it's late evening.

I still haven't gotten my herb garden in place, but I understand it will be a tad cooler tomorrow.  Step one is pulling out the overgrowth of mint, something I began yesterday.  There are sixteen square feet in my container, but only one will be allocated for the mint, not all sixteen.  That stuff cannot be killed; maybe I should be more respectful.  Maybe I should be stuffing myself with mint instead of trying to get rid of it.

Images of survival, that's what I'm looking for these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails