On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Normalizing

It used to be called Squaw Rock, but was recently changed to
Frog Woman Rock.  It's impressive when you suddenly come
 onto it.  (Look how little the cars are in comparison.)
It's near Cloverdale and we call it "Mom's favorite."
Youngest Daughter and her Special Olympics team came home with silver medals in today's basketball tournament.  It's one of her favorite sports.

There's no room for her in the day programs in Santa Rosa so she won't be moving to a group home any time soon.  We're all okay with that.  After living in two other homes during the winter I think she learned that being with parents isn't so awful after all.  It certainly is easier for us to care for her here at home than it was with the constant complaints and questions from other care providers.  The stress was over the top.  Everything is calm now, back to normal, a better normal because she is more appreciative and we are enjoying having her here.  I guess most folks are long through with their parenting by the time they reach our age, but we are still very much involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails