On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Steve wore his green shirt and cooked a most wonderful traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner - corned beef and cabbage with freshly baked Irish soda bread.  How lucky am I!

I found the Goat Street Cafe in Dingle, Ireland on Google Maps where we had a simple (but delicious) soup lunch a few years ago.  I enjoyed Ireland, I really did - and it's as green as you've heard.

Last night Steve and Youngest Daughter baked shamrock cookies to take to the baristas at Starbucks.  In case you were wondering why they always save a morning bun for him, even when he's late, and serve his latté in a real, breakable cup, that would be the reason - the guy bakes for them at Christmas and various other holidays and greets them each by name. This has been going on for years, his secret life....

He's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails