On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

And the verdict is....

After four days of rain we have a (very) weak sun, wind and a particularly chilly day.  If spring is really going to begin tomorrow it will be on the calendar only.

I had another CT scan on Thursday and will receive the results tomorrow.  I think the oncologist is planning another course of chemotherapy for me, a daunting prospect because I'm truly running on empty.  Last October I walked every day, maybe one to three miles and I was hiking with a docent training group uphill once a week.  Today it's a challenge to walk across the room....

What are my options?  Well, I certainly wouldn't refuse treatment but I might beg for a couple weeks to catch my breath.  Today is the 20th day of the sixth chemotherapy cycle of Taxotere.  Usually by this time I feel quite well, but now, not so much.  I can fall asleep in 30 seconds at any time of day or night. It feels like strenuous exercise to move from bed to sofa.  I need Geritol or Lydia E. Pinkham's elixir or something to give me a boost.

The other option is to just go forward, treatment and all, and hope that it isn't as difficult.  Or maybe the results of the CT scan will be so encouraging onc will be off the idea of further treatment for now.  Wouldn't that be a charm?  I am so ready for a new remission.  I can do remissions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails