On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter slow-down

On Wednesday I enjoyed a long lunch and get-together with two close friends.  I've been asleep ever since.  It has been raining ever since.  I don't know if it's low energy from anemia, low energy because I've been taking pain pills - it's that time in the chemo cycle when my bones and teeth ache - or if the gray skies are just too depressing to face.  (I love rain, I don't think it's that one.)

This evening we're celebrating Oldest Daughter's birthday so I'll definitely be getting it together for that.  Youngest Daughter will be here and so will the grandsons.  Steve is the chef, the balloons are up, the cake is ready and the dogs have been bathed.  I need to run around, well, walk around, with a dust cloth, but we're otherwise looking forward to a festive evening on a rainy day.  They're probably watching the game first and will then set out.

I have managed to curl up with this one book, THE MUSIC LESSON, which I really enjoyed.  It is tightly written and each sentence is a bit tighter as it meets with its conclusion.  I mean, don't trust the innocent start, it's much darker than it seems.  I loved the notion of living alone in a small house on the western shores of Ireland - I've been there - but the rest was well beyond my imagination.  Katharine Weber is a new author for me, but one I hope to meet up with again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails