On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Hey Dude, where's my hair?

Brix in repose.
I'm shedding like a labrador.  Really, this is disgusting.  Hair falls in my computer and lands on my tongue.  This is the ultimate worst stage, truly.

Aside from that, life is good.  We had dinner with friends last night and Demi was invited to play with their service dog.  He's still shiny and new while Demi has a gray muzzle and is moving toward her dotage.  But it was great to get together and dinner was magnificent.

The wind and weather has been unusual.  Friday set records for warmth - high 70ºs - but now each day is cooler.  The wind has created limb damage and knocked out power lines, but not for us.

That would be a last straw.  I'd be pulling my hair out... if I had any....


2 comments:

  1. Hair on your tongue is disgusting! I get my animals hair often as it seems to float in the air here with the dryness and static electricity. But better my animals hair than my own. At least its winter so hat time is less noticeable although where you live doesn't really equate to hat time. Ah well, when I see someone with a hat covering the whole head with no hair peeping through I say a quick prayer and figure they are in the process of getting well and I hope that's what you encounter too.

    I can't believe Demi is graying but looking at my little black dog I realize time has passed while I've been busy - more time than I realized.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails