On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Keeping it almost together

Wolf Skull
It's that Halloween-y time of year when skulls are everywhere.  They're fun to draw and I usually manage a couple each year.  This evening I was sitting with the boys at Juvenile Hall and drew from a photo while they added pages to their sketchbooks.  Such an affable group, it's always hard to realize that they are on a maximum security unit for a reason.

An operating room nurse called me this morning to give me the routine on what to bring and expect.  I should be in and out within four hours since the procedure itself is only one hour.  After that I can go home and rest.  That's the only part I like.  I've been grouchy as can be, totally freaked about this thing.  I've never had surgery before and I've never had a general anesthetic and besides, it's all so unfair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails