On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Will she or won't she?

Tomorrow, as part of our docent training at Bouverie Preserve (Glen Ellen, California) we will be going on our third hike.  What's different is that this one is a longer hike straight up to the crest of the Mayacamas Mountain Range.  To be honest, I don't know if I can do it.  I was huffing more than anyone else on the last two hikes even though I walk daily.  However, we live in a valley so the places where I walk are flat and it was those little hills that got me.  This past week, in preparation, I had my treadmill set on the highest incline and used that as a training resource and did, in fact, notice that I was lasting longer as the week went on.

The question is, Will I make it to the ridge tomorrow or will I have to leave the hike early?  I will be mortified if I'm not successful!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you on your hike! I love the zentangle.
    Hugs and blessings.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - I made it! Thank you. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails