On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Up, up and away

I just got home from a 2-1/2 mile quick walk with Steve and two dogs, Demi and Brix.  We were hoofin' it but I've been walking a lot lately so I was able to keep the pace easily, no stress at all.  I have my treadmill set to the highest incline because walking up hills is what catches me by surprise and I'm trying to develop more endurance for that.  The town is flat, but this is the Valley of the Moon. Once we start hiking on either side of the valley there are hills to navigate and I need a lot more practice on those.  A lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails