On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

On my walk today



I was out walking this morning and came across a scrubby, nondescript patch of colorful roadside plants - star thistle, chicory, yarrow and fennel.  I'm trying to learn how to keep a field journal so this seemed like a perfect Page One.  I don't know the names of many plants, wild or not, but I'm on a crusade to learn.  Next month I'll begin a six-month docent training at a nearby environmental preserve so I expect to know a lot more by the end of the year.

One more thing to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails